Thursday, May 8, 2014

Ink sample survey - which ink should I review next?


It's always a bummer to decide which ink from my collection of samples to review next. Sometimes I prefer green, other times brown, and so on. But recently I decided it might be a good idea to ask my readers what would they like to see first.

I have 26 ink samples remaining and I'm pretty sure not all are appealing to everyone equally. Here they are:

(Update: I have crossed out the ones which I have already reviewed)

1Diamine China Blue
2Diamine Coral
3Diamine Evergreen
4Diamine Prussian Blue
5Diamine Pumpkin
6Diamine Red Dragon
7Diamine Sunshine Yellow
8Diamine Syrah
9J Herbin Bleu Azur
10J Herbin Vert Pre
11Noodler's Air Corp Blue Black
12Noodler's Bernanke Blue
13Noodler's Black Swan in Australian Roses (original formula)
14Noodler's Black Swan in English Roses
15Noodler's G.I. Green
16Noodler's Georgia Peach HL
17Noodler's Mandalay Maroon
18Noodler's Shah's Rose
19Noodler's Whaleman's Sepia
20Noodler's X-Feather
21Parker Quink Blue Black
22Private Reserve Daphne Blue
23Private Reserve Invincible Black
24Rohrer & Klingner Alt-Goldgrun
25Rohrer & Klingner Verdigris
26Sailor Jentle Apricot

If you see anything that strikes your fancy, vote for it in this Google Docs survey I created.

I have already received some votes (having announced this first on Twitter) but I will run this survey for a few weeks until I gather enough votes to make one or more inks stand out.

In the meantime I have one more bottled ink to review, so stay tuned for that. Thanks for voting!

2 comments:

  1. I voted for one where I have that brand but not the color you are showing so I thought it would be interesting to see what you think of the qualities of that ink and how they compare to the color I have. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I knew you would jump on this :) I just hope I can get enough votes to make it an easy decision.

    ReplyDelete