Wednesday, January 26, 2011

1st Jetpens haul

JetPens was the store that started the pen & ink craziness for me. I came across them on an un-related site that I read regularly and the author of the article was fascinated by the multitude of Japanese stuff carried by them.

I started browsing the site and was also amazed at the wonderful stationery products the Japanese make. After reading many reviews and checking the dozens of pen and ink specs on the site, I placed the following order and received my first Jetpens haul. This was last year in December but I feel like I have to talk about it since I just started this blog.

1st Jetpens haul


Moving from left to right, I have the following:

Pilot Prera fountain pen, yellow body and M (medium) nib.
Pilot CON-50 piston converter for the Prera.

Lamy AL Star fountain pen, aluminum body and EF (extra fine) nib.
Lamy Z 24 piston converter for the above.

Noodler's Apache Turquoise ink, 3oz bottle.
Noodler's Heart of Darkness ink, 4.5oz bottle. Not pictured is the free Platinum Preppy pen that Noodler is including with all 4.5oz bottles.

Finally, a bunch of Platinum Preppy fountain pens in various colors: violet, yellow and green. The yellow has a fine nib while the others are medium.

If you're wondering at the yellow Pilot, I decided that I really liked how this color looked in photos and I wanted to use it with an equally bright ink so that's why I got the Noodler's Navajo Turquoise. Yeah, I know, crazy combination. On the other hand, I thought the black ink should match the Lamy well.

This was just an outline of my first significant purchase of pens and inks but I will be reviewing all the above as soon as time permits. Stay tuned!

2 comments:

  1. I am very much looking forward to the review of the Noodler's Navajo Turquoise and the Pilot Prera and Lamy Al-Star. :) The Platinum Preppy was my first fountain pen, also purchased from JetPens.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You might have a disappointment regarding one of the items you mentioned. I certainly did. Oh well, I guess you win some, you lose some.

    ReplyDelete