Friday, May 13, 2011

3rd Jetpens haul

For my 3rd Jetpens order I limited myself to the bare minimum in order to qualify for free shipping. What you see pictured here is not the full order because I also bought a couple of liquid ink pens for my wife but those are not the subject of this blog so I left them out from the photo.

3rd Jetpens haul

The two main items that I'm rather excited about are: a bottle of Waterman Havana Brown ink and a Kaweco Sport Classic clear demonstrator fountain pen with B (bold) nib.

I had heard good things about this particular ink and I wanted to get a whole bottle for myself. As for the Kaweco pen, the bold nibs had been out of stock for some time and I kept looking out for them and when they became available I placed my order.

I can already say that I'm impressed with this inexpensive fountain pen but an in-depth review is forthcoming so stay tuned for that.

One final word: I think that Jetpens' minimum $25 per order for free shipping is kick ass!

4 comments:

  1. Dear peninkcillin !
    A little wish for you,
    to use your new fountain pen and new havana ink, in happy days for registering wonderful moments of your life in your lifebook

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Ali. I'm already using my TWSBI + Noodler's Polar Black for my journal but I'm tempted to use the Kaweco because it is so smooth.

    ReplyDelete
  3.  I can't wait to read your review of both of these products (and I hope you don't beat me to the Kaweco review). I picked up the Kaweco Sport Classic (black), fine nib, and I love it. Right now I am on the hunt for a converter for the tiny bugger. The performance is stellar, but do not carry it in a pocket with car keys; you will scratch up the barrel much faster than you would with the ABS plastic in a Lamy. 

    Of the Waterman inks, I have the South Sea Blue, which is gorgeous, but the color turns much darker when the ink is left in the barrel (turquoise -> navy or blue-black). The ink behaves very well. 

    I am pretty sure you will love both of these products. I just picked up the Noodler's #41 Eternal Brown, and I would be happy to send you a sample. Let me know! 

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm already using the Kaweco with the blue cartridge it came with. I really like it. I think it's the best $15 fountain pen I have.

    I'm not going to buy a converter. I have 2 options: re-use the cartridge or convert it to an eyedropper. I think I'll just re-use the cartridge because it's less messy and I can change inks more often.

    ReplyDelete